The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ relevant experience in sales/marketing/marketing communications or related area.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry, marketing to clinical audiences is highly preferred. Exposure to other healthcare industries / hospital providers; clinical experience will also be considered.
- Experience in traditional marketing, websites, digital marketing and social media.
- Fundamental knowledge and ability to apply current marketing/advertising principles, best practices & pertinent trends.
- Working knowledge of product positioning, value propositions and messaging directed to a diverse audience group including clinical healthcare providers, distributors and patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofing skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience supporting marketing project development, website development and content management, social media, mobile apps, digital marketing, public relations activities and advertising activities.
- Experience developing marketing materials and creating the production art.
- Effective organization and project planning skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects at various stages of development.
- The ability to work well under tight timeframes and changing priorities and handle multiple tasks with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactive problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to collaborate and effectively perform within global cross-functional teams with conflicting priorities.
- Proven computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience using sales/marketing related programs (i.e., CRMs/SalesForce.com, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey), graphic programs (i.e., InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator), social media platforms, internal intranet systems and project management software (i.e. Asana).
- Ability to develop and maintain spinal orthotics product knowledge both from an internal and user perspective.
- The ability to work independently and exhibit willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- A respectful and polite demeanor.
- Ability to pack and lift boxes up to 20 pounds.
Qualified candidates will also be required to pass a background check.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager, as the Marketing Communications Specialist, your primary focus will include supporting project development through the delivery of marketing materials for corporate, domestic and international needs. Your goal will be to ensure that marketing materials are delivered on time and in accordance with corporate, sales and marketing goals and objectives, and are in alignment with Aspen quality, brand guidelines and graphic standards.
This is a role with elements of both autonomy and collaboration. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your Manager, Product Managers, Graphics, IT, Purchasing, vendors including printers and a variety of other stakeholders as you help to ensure each project is on track from start to finish. We will look to you to drive synergy and gain consensus and alignment cross-functionally and to build strong, trust-based relationships with your external and internal contacts.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supporting development, copywriting, content accuracy and consistency
- Tracking project tasks and delivery schedules
- Managing approvals and document control processing
- Coordinating multilingual projects
- Ensuring projects are executed in a timely manner and according to deadlines
- Maintaining website and mobile app
- Tracking and reporting performance analytics
- Monitoring expenses within budget parameters
More specifically, your essential duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Execute activities in an efficient manner, on budget and on time, aligned with Aspen quality and graphic standards.
- Work collaboratively to support planning, development and implementation of marketing tactics to support sales, ensure maximum brand exposure and market penetration for Aspen and its products.
- Contribute to and coordinate development of marketing materials including collateral, ads, conference graphics and related marketing materials, videos, photography, corporate accounts and international projects.
- Support layout development and graphic production art for special projects.
- Create project timelines, manage delivery schedules ensuring project development, approvals and post production activities (i.e, printing) are completed on time and per deadlines.
- Conduct competitive assessments regarding products and marketing efforts.
- Manage image and native file archive, logo and image transfers, secure and manage the necessary release forms (i.e., signed usage agreements, model releases, testimonial releases).
- Ensure compliance with quality output and graphic standards throughout all materials, and ensure accuracy.
- Contribute to yearly marketing plan and budget forecasting, track expenses and generate status reports as required.
- Support lead generation activities including drafting surveys, programing and reporting analytics.
- Collaborate with graphics team on development and delivery timelines, communicate content and marketing direction, proofs projects for accuracy throughout project development through final delivery.
- Support and coordinate website and mobile app including content/image updates, new product additions, etc.
- Procure and maintain project archive, maintain Marketing Menu, manage literature inventory and coordinate reprints, ensure literature library is up to date and stocked.
- Track and report key marketing metrics for website, YouTube, mobile app, survey activities, special projects, etc.
- Support approved miscellaneous projects as identified.
Why Aspen Medical ProductsBuild a career home
We are growing and taking a proactive approach to marketing. In our dynamic environment, we're also evolving our processes and giving team members the opportunity to learn and advance their skill-sets. We're investing in ways to enhance our culture and bench strength and looking for talented team members with the runway to grow. Growth will create opportunities, perhaps even entirely new roles that may be of interest to you, and you'll be able to spotlight your talent and demonstrate your potential for advancement. This role is open because the incumbent is moving on to a new position within our company!
Award-winning products enhance the quality of people's lives
Backed by over 25 years of R&D, Aspen Medical Products help patients cope with chronic conditions, manage pain, and heal faster (see testimonials for one of our award winning products in the video above). Our innovative approach and strong business model have earned us distinctions. In addition to the annual workplace excellence awards and the 2017 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award mentioned above, we have won:
- Several Spine Technology Awards from Orthopedics This Week.
- The American Technology Award, in the medical device category, from TechAmerica Foundation.
- Awards for delivering exceptional service as a vendor, from Hanger/SPS, a leading distributor of orthotic and prosthetic patient care and therapeutic products, services and solutions.
- And others.
You will find a close-knit culture that values mutual respect at Aspen. The numerous "Best Places to Work" awards we've won represent high levels of employee satisfaction (as reported by employees) as well as excellence in benefits, pay, work/life balance and culture.
Our Employee Council puts together a variety of events that enhance teamwork and allow us to have fun. We might go to see the Angels play, go bowling or spend the day at Knott's Berry Farm. Your family is enthusiastically invited to these events and each event is 100% paid for by the company. The destinations for our company trips vary. We might head for Palm Desert, Las Vegas or Santa Barbara . . . or maybe you'll suggest a destination. We also get involved in community and philanthropic activities, as you can see in the video above.
Competitive benefits package
The health, satisfaction, and security of you and your family are important to your well-being and important to us. That's why we offer a competitive salary and bonus incentive, along with medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family; life insurance; paid vacation; and a 401(k) plan with company match.
Video: Aspen Medical Products has been involved with the Challenged Athletes Foundation since 2000. Through donation, fundraising and volunteering, Aspen employees unify to support the CAF in numerous ways. Since 2009, Aspen has held the privilege of being the title sponsor of the Aspen Medical Products San Diego Triathlon Challenge.
Keys to SuccessAlthough your strong marketing coordination skill will be critical to your success here, it will also be an advantage if you have some medical device knowledge or experience. We understand that there will be a learning curve as you get up to speed on our robust product line, but a background in the medical devices space or similar healthcare industry will help that curve be much more manageable.
Additionally, to thrive at Aspen Medical Products you will be detail-oriented, proactive and eager to begin making contributions to our marketing function. This is an exciting time to join us, we’re in the midst of some fun projects and your fresh ideas and input will be welcomed. For example, we're in the process of developing a brand new website that will have an e-commerce component, we're focused on launching several new products each year, and we’ve hired a PR firm to help handle social media activities. These are just a few of the new projects for which you’ll have a chance to contribute to their overall success.
About UsTruly Innovative Patient Care for the Upper and Lower Spine
Founded in 1993, Aspen Medical Products is a leader in the design, development and marketing of upper and lower spinal orthotics. The Company is located in Irvine, California and has direct sales representatives throughout the United States as well as representation worldwide. For over twenty years, the management team and employees at Aspen have introduced a continuous flow of pioneering spinal bracing products and services to the healthcare marketplace. Aspen is a U.S. based company that is debt free and privately owned.
We make the best spinal braces in the world and run a company we can be proud of.
Goals from the Beginning
- Develop the best products in the industry.
- Develop products that enhance the quality of life.
- Have a culture where employees are respected, have input, and are part of the team.
- Be a company where employees look forward to coming to work each day.