More about the Requirements
The following competencies and characteristics are just as important as the qualifications described under The Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain account reconciliations and be able to independently identify and resolve reconciling items and ensure accounting classification of items included in accounts are in accordance with GAAP.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and intermediate or above proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with ERP systems, and familiarity with and working knowledge of current tech trends.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- A demonstrated "auditor mentality", diligently checks work for accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously and comply with critical deadlines.
- A proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others, with a proactive approach to verbal communication.
- A CPA, MBA, or CMA (either complete or in the process of obtaining).
- Public accounting and/or audit experience.
- Practical experience in international accounting and consolidation of financial statements.
- Practical knowledge of accounting for international operations and financial statement consolidation.
- Experience with compensation accounting.
- Experience creating consolidated financial statements involving subsidiaries.
We are currently working remotely due to COVID as well as a major renovation of our offices. Once it is safe to return, and the renovation is complete, we expect to implement a hybrid on-site/remote model, although the details are not yet defined.
More about the Role
In addition to the responsibilities described under The Role
tab, you will work with international CPAs to ensure timely filing of statutory reports and VAT tax returns. You also may assist with month-end consolidation including inter-company elimination entries, reconciliation of inter-company accounts, and calculation of foreign exchange rate gains and losses.
Other responsibilities may include maintenance of financial reporting templates, specialized revenue accounting and reporting (consolidated and by segment), fixed asset accounting, U.S. and international payroll accounting including commission and bonus calculations, and support conversion to a new ERP system. We also may ask you to perform certain technical research as needed. You'll interact with other departments to initiate and execute process improvements and other projects as assigned.
More specifically, you will:
More about your success
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, including support with consolidation, intercompany eliminations, reconciliation of intercompany accounts, and calculation of foreign exchange gains and losses.
- Assist with preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements. Provide assigned schedules and commentary for monthly management reports.
- Maintain and develop financial reporting and other templates to improve analysis and management reporting.
- Provide supporting documentation to international CPAs for preparation of statutory financial statements, VAT and other information returns.
- Reconcile international statutory financial statements to those prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Reconcile and maintain VAT/IVA tax receivable and payable accounts. Research and resolve any discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Perform specialized revenue accounting and reporting, including running invoice registers (consolidated and by segment/entity), reconciling invoice registers to the general ledger, preparing journal entries, preparation of various revenue charts and graphs, revenue variance analysis and related commentary for monthly management reporting.
- Fixed asset accounting; account reconciliations; roll forwards; monthly depreciation entries; management reporting (including month-end write-up); and maintenance of ERP system FA module. Conduct periodic cycle counts of fixed assets, reconcile results. Evaluate and implement appropriate policies and procedures to enhance internal controls to safeguard Company assets.
- Support annual (and other) financial statement audits and tax preparation by independent CPA firms. Prepare assigned audit and tax schedules; research and resolve auditor questions.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as assigned.
- Handle other projects and tasks as needed.
If you're the person we're looking for, you know what to do without a good deal of direction; even more importantly, you understand why
tasks and activities are important. Support will be available when you need it, but you should bring a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Our goal is to set you up for success, including challenging you and helping you develop professionally.
The pace here is fast and getting faster all the time. To excel in this role, you will be sensitive to deadlines and able to prioritize and accomplish projects while meeting time commitments and objectives. You'll also need exceptional communication skills and the ability to function as a strong, mature contributor in a team environment.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Accountant, you will:
Pictured: Aspen OA Knee+ is ideal for patients with mild to moderate osteoarthritis. The low profile, universal design allows for less inventory and better patient compliance.
- Hold yourself to high standards.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leverage analytical skills and creativity to solve problems.
- Build collaborative relationships both within the accounting/finance group and across functional lines.